Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Location: US - CO - Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Removes different product from conveyor, inspects to customer specifications and hand packs in boxes, multivacs, supervacs and cryovac bags.
Reports to: Production Manager/Supervisor Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Receives packing orders and determines that correct packing materials are available at packing station. Notifies material handler if additional materials are needed for the packing run.
- Visually inspects quality, weights and specifications of product, setting aside defective items.
- Constantly monitors machines for operation and safety problems.
- Check packages leaks, discoloration and foreign objects inside the package.
- Pack packages of product into designated cartons per specifications on the customer order.
- Places identification labels on cartons.
- Reports discrepancies to leads or supervisor.
- Required to follow all GMP's and safety regulations.
- All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Ability to work in 40 degree temperature for 10-12 hours (including break time)
- Ability to stand 10-12 hours (including break time)
- Ability to lift 2 oz. to 60 lb boxes.
- Ability to bend and pick up anywhere from 2lbs to 42lbs.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background. All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action.
Note: The above job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the employee and are not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract of employment or a promise of employment for any specified time between an employee and Buckhead Meat of Denver.
As indicated above this job description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time with and/or without notice.
I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
I have read and understand my job duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time