Sr Project Mgr, Facilities & Construction
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Senior Project Manager, Construction is responsible for the planning, budgeting, design and execution of multiple capital projects related to the construction and maintenance of multi-temperature food distribution and food processing facilities. These projects may include new facilities, expansions, remodels and major maintenance of existing locations. Project magnitude typically ranges from $2 million to $100 million and each involves the direct and indirect management of the multiple vendors, outside agents and construction personnel required to successful complete multiple initiatives simultaneously.
The Senior Project Managers role in successfully executing the capital plan in his/her region has a measurable impact on the business and/or department initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with the Real Estate Department and regional leadership in site selection and comparisons of new property acquisitions; including meeting with realtors, and government officials to understand site development requirements. Provide conceptual budgeting and scheduling of properties for comparison and consideration.
- Provide confidential facility assessments required when purchasing new companies.
- Develop facility needs working with local operating personnel and other corporate groups. Research existing conditions, building requirements and construction/equipment costs, to determine scope of work and budget that will be submitted to senior management for approval
- Take the lead in planning and forecasting short and long term capital and maintenance budgets for operating companies by coordinating strategy with senior management in the region.
- Develop concise bid documents to be sent to contractors and/or select vendors
- Compare project scope and location with potential bidder’s capabilities, experience and workload to determine list of selected bidders
- Analyze proposals to confirm compliance with bid documents
- Administer construction contracts, provide construction observation and coordination duties, and authorize payments. Coordinate numerous contracts, equipment orders, deliveries, installations and occupancy of completed areas
- Manage the construction project including direct hire contractors and external resources.
- Deliver regional capital construction spending plan.
- Carefully track budgets, schedules and cash flow to report to appropriate corporate parties
- Evaluate products, vendors, contractors, details and methods included in current standards to dynamically keep requirements up to date
- Review and recommend standard operating procedures (SOPs) to create processes and priorities involving scheduling, documentation, communications, contracts, filing, and other design and construction priorities.
- Develop and review new architectural and construction products and methods, for consideration and addition to future Projects, and possibly to include within the Construction Guidelines.
- Assist with training the department’s Project Managers, explaining standard operating procedures to them and acting as an informational resource to past construction projects.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Management related college degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial or industrial construction project management experience required in a leadership role, 15 years is preferred.
- 10 Years’ experience in the programing, design and construction of food manufacturing and/or low temperature food distribution facilities larger than $40,000,000 is required.
- International experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Leadership training recommended.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Word, Auto Cad, Microsoft Project required
- Familiarity with industrial structures and building systems preferred including insulated metal panel construction, ammonia refrigeration systems, automatic fire protection systems, HVAC and mechanical systems, electrical and lighting systems, plumbing, and wastewater treatment systems preferred
- Familiarity with OSHA, PSM and RMP regulatory guidelines and programs required.
- Position requires technical acumen and good decision making skills
- Knowledge of lien and bonding processes required
- Ability to review project cost ledgers and process applications for payment required
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret construction contracts and related materials
- Being fluent in foreign languages ( Spanish or French) a plus
ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT
- Organizational skills regarding emails, transmittals, submittals, product and plan approvals, meeting minutes, schedules and other construction documents are extremely important
- Good time management skills are required. The ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously is important
- Must be able to identify problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions, and successfully resolve them in a timely manner
- Must have good judgment regarding problems and issues. Must know when to seek help in resolving problems
- Identifies resources within the department required to achieve business objectives.
- Decisions making authority and actions in this role have a significant impact on the business and departmental objectives.
- Take initiative to act within confines of the job to positively affect the overall goals of SYSCO
- Work with the operating companies and other internal departments in achieving their operational objectives
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time