Loader- 2nd Shift
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.- JAX Operating Unit #- ZS58
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of 2nd Shift Warehouse Loader. This position will be responsible for loading products on containers as needed while following preferred work methods and company policies.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The Warehouse Loader is primarily assigned to:
- Loading all departmental (Freezer, Cooler and Dry) product in allotted sections of the container.
- Shrink wrapping each pallet
- Verifying with Management to ensure all products for each container assigned has been loaded.
- Reporting all damages to supervisor immediately.
- Operating all company powered industrial equipment, i.e. Reach Truck, Packer, and/or Pallet Jack, in a safe and reliable manner as outlined in the Preferred Work Methods. Completing equipment check-list at start and finish of each shift. Reporting all equipment failures to supervisor immediately.
- Ensuring warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to company standards. Sweeping / mopping the floor location if necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
The Warehouse Loader must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent and effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English. Previous experience on a Raymond Pacer is preferred. Previous experience loading containers is preferred.
The Warehouse Loader must:
- Be able to work in Freezer (-10), Cooler (36) and Dry Side (70’s) of Warehouse for extended periods of time.
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction
- Be able to frequently lift 50lbs and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking.
- Have the ability to multitask.
- Be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
- Be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
- *** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time