Forklift Operator- 2nd Shift
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc. JAX Operating Unit #ZS58
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of 2nd Shift Forklift Operator. This position is primarily is to support outbound shipping. Forklift Drivers are responsible for letting down pallets as needed.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The Forklift Operator is primarily responsible for:
- Letting down pallets of product needed by using direction from SWMS with a reach truck.
- Process transfers using SWMS, if needed.
- Follow PWM’S (Preferred Work Methods).
- Practice safe work methods always.
- Other activities as needed and directed by leadership.
- Stand Up Forklift experience
Lift Operator Qualifications:
The Forklift Operator must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English, and have at least 6 months of warehouse experience.
The Forklift Operator must:
- Have experience of 6 months to 1 year, with regular use of a Reach Truck.
- Have Stand up Forklift required.
- Be able to work in Freezer (-10), Cooler (36) and Dry Side (70’s) of Warehouse for extended periods of time.
- Have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Be able to effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Have very strong attention to detail.
- Be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Have the ability to multitask.
- Be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
- Be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
- Safely lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time