Cruise Export Program Sales Manager
Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FUNDAMENTAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for accurately processing customer orders via EDI, fax, phone, email and Sysco Order Entry systems. In addition, maintain account delivery schedules and communicate with Operations and Cruise Sales Directors. Work with assigned accounts and Sales to promote Cruise sales growth, customer satisfaction and account service and other job related duties with accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of product lines available to customers both locally and via special order.
- Responsible for accurately entering customer orders in a timely manner.
- Review orders for out-of-stocks, pick-ups; follow-up
- Consult Merchandisers for details on merchandise, i.e. pack size, dates, availability, etc.
- Communicate to Transportation and Routing on variations of deliveries.
- Communicate with inventory control on product discrepancies.
- Maintain accuracy and signatures of documentation needed for exportation.
- Attend and participate in general sales meetings, department meetings, additional mandatory sales / product training and food shows as directed by supervisor.
- Attend monthly sales meetings to increase product knowledge as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for the processing of customer special orders, pick-ups and will-calls.
- Expedite customer needs for Pick-ups and credit.
- Communicate to Sales Directors customer out of stocks, special orders, pick-ups, will-calls, etc.
- Review order allocations and correct discrepancies (customer information, product information).
- Comply and follow all Cruise documentation procedures.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Discretion with company and customer procedures / pricing.
- High school diploma and or equivalent.
- Previous customer service and/or food service experience preferred.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks and exceeds deadlines.
- Ability to speak and write English in a clear, understandable manner.
- Ability to spell.
- Excellent verbal communication and telephone skills.
- Ability to effectively speak with management, co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Personal computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to understand and utilize company sales reports.
- Ability to operate an automobile or arranged transportation to meet demands of the position.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage functions.)
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously.
- Maintain a valid Florida drivers’ license with a good driving record.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other work groups.
- Working knowledge of Company proprietary computer system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and/or feet for operating office equipment such as computers, telephones, facsimile machines, 10-key calculators, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally to reach file cabinets, boxes, etc.
- Requires the ability to read written instructions, reports and other documentation.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; walk stairs; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- EEO/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time