Company: Sysco Knoxville
Zip Code: 37921
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 900 Tennessee Ave, Knoxville, TN, 37921
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for assisting with training and coordination of all night warehouse functions.
- Maintain dock and warehouse in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Assist in the training and development of Night warehouse associates.
- Identify areas of opportunity with associates and develop action plans to train and coach for better performance.
- Develop a good understanding of Preferred Work Methods and coach and train associates on PWM's.
- Assist with monitoring work flow and meeting deadlines.
- Support feedback functions prior to invoicing (catch weights, out of stocks, etc.)
- Assist with conducting group start up meetings.
- Review mis-picks and other miscues with associates responsible.
- Assist with identifying and removing operational barriers.
- Seek and provide feedback from/to production and supervisory staff regarding slotting issues, equipment issues, procedures, etc.
- Participate in warehouse safety and sanitation inspections.
- Assist other warehouse functions when requested or required.
- Keeps work area clean and free of damaged product.
- Maintain an acceptable level of production and accuracy.
- Maintains a "no tolerance" attitude for errors.
- May be called upon to assist in all areas of the warehouse (including the freezer, cooler, dry, yard and to assist with cleanup).
- Handle product properly to prevent damage.
- Properly maintain equipment. Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and brings to supervisor's attention any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the job.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, department, company and safety).
- Works until the job is completed while maintaining acceptable production levels.
- Responsible for the upkeep, sanitation and safety of assigned aisles and overall warehouse.
- Follows Preferred Work Methods and observe all safety rules and regulations in an effort to prevent accidents or injuries. Maintains a safe work area at all times. Utilize fall protection equipment when appropriate.
- Perform other functions in the warehouse as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned
High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent, and one to three months related experience and/or training
- Ability to perform the duties of selector, loader, and or forklift operator and understand basic warehouse operations
- Must be able to operate and be Sysco certified on all warehouse equipment, and able to maintain current CPMH and accuracy criteria.
- Ability to work accurately at a rapid pace
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups or employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk and hear. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time