PM Manager Operations
Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Manage all night shift operations including but not limited to Data Entry / Office, Shipping, Receiving, Warehousing, Raw Materials Production, Lobster Production, Raw Materials Storage, freezer operations all coolers and storage and outside company grounds etc.
- Manage and Schedule employees in each area of shift – Hours, Breaks, etc. in the best interest of the company’s needs.
- Recruit and oversee training of new associates.
- Make sure all facets of software are being used properly and ongoing training is performed.
- Make sure all programs are being followed and implemented per company policies.
- Take responsibility of equipment functionality on shift.
- Have ample levels of supplies that are necessary for shift operation.
- Manage all areas of shipping, receiving, and warehousing on your shift including but not limited to all out going orders for customers, all incoming fish from vendors, any and all returns both from Customers and Vendors. Make necessary communication with the next shift as to where we stand on a daily basis. Work closely with purchasing department and Logistics department ensuring best possible scenarios.
- Manage Production –Raw Materials / Lobster- Be sure all tasks are performed per guidelines. Work with leads to manage timing, volume, yields, production flow, etc. always keep in mind QA / Risk Management etc.)
- Maintain Raw Materials – All Coolers - proper storage, proper rotation, proper labeling, proper ice etc. All food safety / risk management rules are followed. Ensure all products are stored per corporate specs and programs are maintained on a daily basis.
- Office / Data Entry - Ensure that all paperwork is handled per guidelines both inbound and outbound. Manage data entry being sure of efficiencies including but not limited to volume and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures including but not limited to Food Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Perform duties quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines imposed.
- Reduce costs by managing staff, efficiencies, timeliness, organization etc.
- Complete any other duties requested by Management.
Skills Needed: Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of raw materials, processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Work independently, be reliable, responsible, dependable
- Demonstrate ability to interact with others.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Demonstrate ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, Corporate and the business community in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all Director level Leadership Framework competencies.
- The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be required to work OT (including weekends/days off)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time