Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Instructional Designer Supply Chain is responsible for instructional design, development, piloting and evaluation of leadership programs and training modules for the supply chain function. The role reports to the Senior Manager, Field Content and Design in the Corporate Learning & Development (L&D), Field Readiness group. Through the Senior Manager, Field Content and Design, this role has a dotted line relationship to supply chain and the Director of Supply Chain Learning supporting supply chain. This position will be located at one of our United States Broadline Distribution companies. The candidate must be able to commute to one of these Operating Companies for our role. Travel up to 20%.
- Degree in instructional design, training and development, education or related discipline preferred
- Equivalent experience will be considered in place of a degree
- 2+ years of experience working in a project, results-driven or field engagement type role is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of related experience in:
- Leadership program design and development
- Design and development of functional skills training (preference for experience in supply chain)
- Doing needs assessment and program evaluation related to training
- Experience with design and development of instructor-led training and of e-learning
- Proven track-record of progressive career development
The role reports to the Senior Manager, Field Content and Design in the Corporate Learning & Development (L&D), Field Readiness group. In this role the Instructional Designer Supply Chain is responsible for design, development, piloting and evaluation of leadership programs and functional learning across the supply chain function (warehouse, drivers, maintenance, corporate, routing, logistics, inbound and outbound, etc.). This includes but is not limited to:
- Needs Assessment: Work with internal clients to identify leadership development and training needs in the Supply Chain organization. Recommend appropriate learning solutions (instructor-led courses, e-learning courses, discussion guides for managers, self-study materials, etc.) and learning objectives based on the needs assessment.
- Design: Proactively works with subject matter experts (smes) and with external consultants to design and develop new leadership development and functional training programs. Applies sound principles of instructional design and adult learning theory to all designs.
- Develop instructor-led materials: Build program materials (written and visual content) including participant guides, facilitator guides, job aids, handouts, presentation slides and more as needed. Integrate a variety of learning including role plays, scenarios, videos, audio, games, etc.
- Develop e-learning courses: Use software (Camtasia, Captivate, etc.) to build e-learning courses that are SCORM and AICC compliant. Test and troubleshoot the courses and upload them to the learning management system.
- Learning Evaluation: Monitors training effectiveness using High Impact Evaluation, makes improvement recommendations, and follows-up with leadership as appropriate.
- Project Management: Manage a portfolio of training-related projects with concurrent work streams in various stages of completion.
- Facilitation: Occasional facilitation of programs – primarily related to pilot testing.
- Additional Projects: Supports additional programs and projects for the Corporate Learning & Development team when requested.
Abilities & Skills:
- Technical skill and expertise with instructional design and adult learning theory
- Experience with e-learning development tools – prefer Camtasia and Captivate
- Experience with software to build instructor-led materials
- Ability to resolve routine problems and questions independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with moderate supervision
- Ability to work within set schedules and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members, leaders and associates at all levels
- Strong organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Has impeccable integrity and ethics. Builds trust and rapport quickly and completely
- Knows how to actively engage the business
- Results-oriented and knows how to execute but with a fluid and flexible work style
Sysco offers excellent benefits including health Insurance, 401k Plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Product Purchase Discounts, and much more! Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time