Outside Sales Representative
Company: European Imports
Zip Code: 75001
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
This is a commissioned outside sales position managing European Imports relationship with Central Market, HEB Stores, and various other retail customers in the Texas market. Training will be required for training during weekdays the first two months of employment.
This is a retail outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Retail customers succeed utilizing European Imports robust product assortment while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position occasionally requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs or remain educated on industry trends.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Lift/carry laptop and sales materials weighing up to 40 lbs., to and from office, home, car, and customer locations.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in company, regional and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as customer pricing files, and sales/gross profit margin data. Keep customer up to date in regards to price changes.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent, or 5 years’ Retail Distribution sales experiece
- 6 months of sales (preferably specialty foods), and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook•
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory -Dallas area
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- 1 year of outside specialty food or foodservice sales experience
- Specialty Grocery management or sales experience
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time