Company: Sysco New Orleans
Zip Code: 70123
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 1451 River Oaks W, Harahan, LA, 70123
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Performs maintenance to the facility, facility equipment, and facility grounds as necessary to keep the SBS facilities open and operating smoothly and safely. This includes routine preventive maintenance and tests on equipment as required.
- Performing facility maintenance tasks, routine preventive maintenance, and equipment testing as assigned. This includes regular preventive maintenance, testing, and support on:
- o Service emergency generators
- o HVAC systems
- o Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- o Electrical systems ' change out ballast, light switches and fuses; knowledge of a voltage meter
- o Plumbing systems ' unstop drains, fix leaks; knowledge of a septic system; maintain water systems for irrigation, drinking water and fire system
- o Fire control systems ' understand panel system and operating proceedures
- Direct and oversee contractors and vendors providing onsite maintenance services.
- Room setups as assigned.
- Assist with food deliveries and the Associate Food Purchase program.
- Degree from a vocational school or college with focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Mechanical, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, Building Automation Systems (BAS) experience.
- Air conditioning classes
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Electrical knowledge and skills.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Mechanical, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, Building Automation Systems (BAS) certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reptitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and ladder work.
- Some weekend and/or evening work as needed to complete testing, maintenance, or service work.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time