Night Warehouse Selector
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Night Warehouse Selector
OVERVIEW:Pulls cases and organizes the product by customer and route.
- Operate an electric pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Select quality products for customer satisfaction. If there is a doubt about quality, ask the supervisor.
- Pull the correct product accurately.
- Write the beginning selection and completion times on the master pull sheet.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the inventory.
- Stage orders according to shipping time. When pulling orders for the next day's delivery, products must be staged in the proper coolers.
- Pull tagged product when specified on the comment sections of the pull sheet. If the tagged item cannot be found, report this to a supervisor immediately.
- Electric pallet jacks upkeep is the responsibility of the operator.
- Have a supervisor/manager make all adjustments on will -call invoices. No changes will be made by shipping personnel.
- Complete proper documentation for product traceability.
- Responsible for the appearance of the docks. Follow supervisor's cleaning schedule.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules.
- Perform other tasks as requested by management.
- Require to follow GMP’s and safety Regulation
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Six (6) months experience in a warehouse.
- Experience operating electric pallet.
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time