Mgr, Category Business Planning
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Summary of Job Purpose:
Provide leadership and guidance in the execution of Sysco’s Category Management process with specific focus on spearheading the development and execution of our category business management activities (managing & growing the business) including the category business planning, category business development & tracking, and the management of third party resources; including remote and on-site category planners, broker sales analyst, and the NPD team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on the creation of Sysco category business management process, which enables successful implementation of the steady state category management at Sysco
- Identify, create, and collaborate with Category Planners distribute regular reporting of key business metrics and sales targets used to growth category sales profitability
- Collaborate with SMS team (CM, Sr. Directors, VPs) to set category goals and objective including the development of annual category business plans
- Collaborate and interact with the category team in identifying means for growing the business and driving profitable sales including the review of specific strategies that are supported by key category, product, and operator insights
- Partner with category analytics team and outside vendors to devise new approaches to grow in the business (distribution opportunity, pricing management & optimization, assortment optimization, etc.)
- Be the primary point of contact and Sysco lead for third party resources including best practice sharing, training, onboarding (both physical and technical), ongoing support for ad-hoc questions
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Strong problem solver who can structure and solve complex issues
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment who’s able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Detail oriented professional who has solid business acumen especially in the area of data analytics, finance and business management
- Excellent communicator who can organize and present insights in a way that tells a clear and compelling stories that drives toward informed business decisions
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions and can influence others
- People leader who can guide the day to day activities of on-site (3rd party) category planners
- 4 - 7 years of foodservice and/or food industry related experience required in leading and/or supporting a category or business teams focused on category management practices and activities
- Experience in working cross-functional to develop, create, and implement business management processes
- Sound level of knowledge and experience of financial practices and principle
- Demonstrated ability to synthesis insights in conclusion, takeaways and actions
- Extensive history of working in cross-functional team and tangible experience in leading cross-functional teams
- A foundational understanding of category management practices and approaches in the areas of distribution/assortment, mix management, pricing, and promotion
- Solid verbal and written communication and analytic skills including expertise in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivots, formulas, etc.), Access, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SQL is a plus.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time