Lead Operations Freezer
Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Supervise and assist loading, unloading, stocking and staging of product. Lead warehouse team on all inventory control objectives. Ensure sanitation, HACCP and Safety guidelines.
- Monitor and supervise warehouse employees
- Maintain and monitor records indicating times of arrival, break-times, order completions, and departure times
- Maintain and monitor records indicating errors for orders being pulled that are not to specification, including proper labels, pallet height, heat treated pallets are used when necessary and loose items are packed.
- Monitor receiving area so that received products are processed accurately and secure in a timely manner. All perishable products are to be safe-guarded.
- Daily Stock Location Monitoring. Work with inventory control to complete daily cycle count sheets and insure accuracy of stock levels and items are located properly.
- Record and instruct stockers to make corrections as necessary and report infractions to inventory control and warehouse manager for further corrective or disciplinary action.
- Checking outbound orders rea corrected and properly staged.
- Assist in loading trucks for deliveries.
- Operate forklift, lift-trucks, pallet jacks, dock and other warehouse equipment.
- Conduct weekly meeting with the staff to address policies and procedural issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on forklift, lift-trucks, pallet jacks, dock and other warehouse equipment.
- Effectively communicate with management, inventory control, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use. Set applicable machinery to re-charge.
- Other ditties as assigned by supervisory staff and management.
- Assist staff, shift supervisors and co-workers when necessary.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Maintain inventory levels and provide aid to purchasing objective of adhering to just in time principles. In short, the just-in-time inventory system focus is having “the right product at the right time, at the right place, and the exact amount, without the safety net of inventory.
- Assist in outbound truck routing and inbound pick up and deliveries.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills Microsoft Outlook, Word, Internet Explorer.
- Forklift /Reach Truck certification applicable state certification for truck and/or rail operations.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds required.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Work, involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 100 pounds.
Machinery operations requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, harnesses, steel-toe or composite-toe work boots, hardhats, freezer hats & gloves, and freezer bib pants & coats as necessary.
Loose fitting clothes and jewelry, electronic devices (cellphones, iPads, etc.) and ear buds/earphones are strictly prohibited.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time