Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, provide direction and take responsibility for current and future purchasing developments and strategies. Oversee and manage the daily performance of the team of buyers by encouraging them to meet and exceed company goals.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of buyers making daily purchasing decisions and activities that are focused on maintaining and/or exceeding service level goals and expectations
- Problem-solve and make decisions in regard to daily operations for either the cooler, dry, candy and frozen areas of all European Imports distribution facilities. Ex: special shipping costs, out of stocks, spoilage, priority inbound trucks, write offs, product returns, credits, promotions, obsolescence, etc.
- Assist buyers daily, providing information, guidance and training where needed. Ex: develop purchasing strategies, negotiate cost of goods and freight where applicable, manage obsolete inventory, out of code product, liquidation strategies and execution, satellite warehouse fulfillment, product turns, ship point determinations, freight forwarder alignment, etc.
- Communicate with and monitor productivity and performance of buyers by use of reports, departmental meetings, CMP performance reviews, and staff development and training.
- Serve as a conduit between the buyers and European Imports Category Specialists for managing new items, discontinued products, inventory levels, spoilage concerns, etc. and warehouse leaders including areas such as receiving, unloading, lumpers, clerks, etc.
- Review and update departmental processes and procedures to ensure efficiency, productivity and ability to meet merchandising departmental goals.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Director of Merchandising and Marketing.
Basic supervision of assigned buyers & custom broker.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 5 – 7 years of previous experience in a purchasing/product management environment is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred), intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred) and beginning presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint) skills are desired.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data and proficiency with 10 key is required.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time