Merchandiser/Buyer Department Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
In Collaboration with the Sales Department Manager and Opco General Manager, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the effective distribution of products and services to customers through Sysco Broadline Operating Companies. Establish and execute strategy for the produce category to meet or exceed profitable sales targets supported by effectively managing OPCO designated service levels. Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service to internal and external customers in support of the distribution of products and services.
- Provides staff with specific feedback on performance related to established goals; highlights key positive and negative performance issues; adjusts plans to ensure development.
- Establish impactful (S.M.A.R.T.) fiscal CMP and Bonus Goals aligned with Opco and Corporate targets. Coach and maximize team in reaching these goals.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Procurement – Replenishment
- Maintain appropriate inventory to meet customer demand (Service Level) while maximizing inventory turns and controlling shrink. Manage buyer(s) to effectively execute the above as well.
- Support Category Management by providing product assortment and sku rationalization recommendations that are aligned with your customer demand.
- Align with and implement a "local" and "sustainable" program where applicable.
- Insure OPCO participation and comprehension of sourcing programs.
- Meet or exceed appropriate contract compliance.
- Provide timely and effective communication with Sales force including but not limited to market conditions, product quality and availability, new items and applications.
- Risk management – Insure product integrity and wholesomeness by purchasing solely from Sysco GAP/GMP approved Suppliers. Supply sources must be compliant with Sysco’s Food Safety requirements. This includes Hold Harmless (HHA), Cerificate of Insurance (COI), Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP) certifications.
- Responsible for logistics on all inbound products utilizing efficient loading strategy and employing PRDC, consolidation and re-distribution where appropriate. Collaborate with TMS and Optimization teams in capturing all available freight related efficiencies.
- Drive effective adoption of Corp logistics strategies.
Sales – Merchandising
- Drives produce sales opportunities by collaborating with Business Development. Partner with Sales and Marketing management, including Produce Specialist, in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales
- Develop and implement innovative, impactful produce marketing/promotional agendas.
- Develop sales strategies utilizing available contract programs and resources.
- Respond timely to internal and external customers
- Insure Quality integrity of all inbound and outbound products. Works closely with Quality Assurance lead(s) and in conjunction with Operations and Transportation Management.
- Establish and maintain accountability that all inbound product is inspected thoroughly.
- Manage market adherence to GAP/GMP Compliance.
- Develop and monitor SOPs insuring that all pick locations are checked daily.
- Works with inventory control to manage expiration dating through SWMS reports
- Schedule reoccurring meetings with Operations leadership to insure produce department and operation functions are insync and collaborating effectively in meeting our customers produce needs.
- PDN – insure accurate, timely completion and submission. Insure resulting claims are tracked and settled appropriately
- Educate stakeholders to a full understanding of the executive summary monthly financial reports and TRS sales performance and trending reports.
- Collaborate with Management in providing fiscal produce profit plan and narrative for TRS/LLC Sales Growth, Gross Profit margin, Earned income and Brand penetration targets.
- Review daily financials and utilize strategic pricing strategies to ensure profitability and sales growth targets are being met or exceeded and profit plan realized.
- Manage and direct effective control of product shrink.
- Maximize earned income opportunities through increased cases billed through SMS.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combinations of experience and education in lieu of degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years industry or related experience preferred.
Integrity & Accountability
- Maintains confidences
- Admits mistakes and take corrective steps that deliver results
- Consistently produces results that exceed expectations
- Assumes full accountability, ensuring others get high visibility and credit
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Adapts well to change and views new experiences as growth opportunities
- Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people
- Anticipates resistance to change within the group and works to support change and get others on board
- Adapts well to feedback and incorporates new experiences as learning opportunities.
- Understands own strengths and limitations, and takes an active role in personal learning and career development
- Continuously seeks feedback and improvement opportunities
- Can project how potential ideas may play out in the company
- Identifies needs and solutions beyond scope of department or area
- Makes the connection for the team about how their work affects overall results, and gets them excited and passionate about striving for more
- Actively supports changes through actions and words
- Engages direct reports as changes are introduced and implemented
- Serves as a role model for outstanding execution of company changes
- Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people when implementing operational plans
Builds strong relationships
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time