Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Managing the workforce and production of the Seafood processing departments efficiently, profitability and in the best interest of Sysco (Metropolitan Poultry, Meat & Seafood Company).
The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the processing department workforce, which includes but is not limited to discipline, employee evaluations and departmental meetings.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Responsible for completing and managing budget.
- Operate an electric pallet jack safely and efficiently. Up keep is the responsibility of the operator.
- Demonstrate an expert working knowledge of the inventory.
- Make adjustments on invoices if necessary.
- Responsible for the assistance of Seafood processing duties including receiving, cutting, packaging, printing labels, feeding, pulling, etc.
- Responsible for various inventory control functions, including proper stocking, scanning, rotation, and coordinating of weekly and monthly physical inventories.
- Perform other tasks as requested by department director and upper management.
- Responsible for working until all responsibilities are taken care of. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Responsible for staffing the seafood department to cover all hours the department is open.
- Working Saturdays some weekends is required. Usually every other Saturday.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all good manufacturing practices, company policies and food safety, HACCP, and quality assurance procedures.
Experience Required: (essential functions are in bold)
- Ability to successfully manage a production department.
- Ability to effectively manage people.
- Previous processing experience required (at least 5 years in seafood).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level and evaluate others performance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Moving of product up to 60lbs during the shift, infrequent moving of 80lbs.
- Bending and stooping during the shift.
- Prolonged standing or walking during the shift.
Basic Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience.
Preferred Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- Must be proficient in basic computer functions (i.e. Outlook, check email on daily basis and use electronic calendar).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time