Administrative Assistant II
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Position is responsible for providing administrative/secretarial support to department officer or leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide administrative support to the department as required.
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate filing systems as needed. This will include, but not be limed to attendance records/ transfers, expense reports, customer complaints/ requests, vendor/ supplier contract information, purchase orders, projects, budgets, travel schedules, etc.
- Create and distribute correspondence (memos, letters, presentations, etc.).
- Arrange travel accommodations.
- Answer telephone calls and take messages.
- Open and distribute incoming mail.
- Copy and fax as needed.
- Prepare express mail as needed.
- Other administrative/ secretarial duties as required.
Frequently interacts with the following:
- Corporate office staff, operating company staff, suppliers and customers.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum three years of professional secretarial experience is required.
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) certification preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several discrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Project). Knowledge with tables, formatting, formulas, clipart/ graphics, presentations, macros, database development, project tracking, etc.
- Excellent word-processing skills (50 - 60 wpm) and business writing ability, plus accurate and precise proof reading skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and capable of working with little direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Will communicate with all levels (Presidents, Sr. Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents and Directors of all Sysco operating companies and staff levels).
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- Profit plan preparation as required.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
The job may require possible travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly requried to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus for typing from copy, filing, pulling various files, delivering mail and correspondence.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time