Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Executive Assistant performs administrative support for executive management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to screening calls and handling information requests; preparing correspondence, reports and presentations; scheduling conference calls, meetings and events; making travel arrangements; training and supervising other support staff and customer relations. Sensitivity to confidential information and matters is required.
- Prepare and edit correspondence (memos, letters, etc.), presentations, reports and other documents in response to verbal and/or written instructions with a high degree of accuracy and presentation. Conduct research and compile data as necessary. Maintain files and records.
- Answer and discreetly manage incoming calls including handling routine inquiries, taking messages and/or routing as needed. Receive and interact with incoming visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific executive.
- Exercise discretion is organizing and maintaining executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements. Arrange and coordinate conference calls, meetings, events and facilities. Prepare agendas. As requested, attend meetings to record minutes. Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings, if applicable. Organize luncheons/dinners, if needed. Arrange travel (domestic and international) through internal and external agencies. Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies, if needed. Complete expense reports after trip.
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications, including faxes and email. Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and distribution. Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries. Arrange essential mail in priority action for executive.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records and management database systems, filing and retrieval of corporate documents, records and reports. Coordinate and direct office services, including reception coverage, housekeeping and security access badges.
- Assist with other special projects as requested. Monitor delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree or professional administrative certification in business, office management or a related field.
- Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 5+ years of executive level administrative work experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Demonstrated poise, diplomacy and tact. Ability to use discretion when giving out information and referring and directing callers and visitors.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written, including editing and proofreading), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Knowledge of scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). Able to create presentations, charts, graphs, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Superior typing skills and ability to operate standard office equipment.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position may require to and from other office locations, staff meetings, company events and training sessions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time