Customer Service Representative
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Customer Service Representative provides customer and Territory Managers (TMs) support with the sales of hotel and operational supplies.
- Customer & Territory Manager Support:
- Answer incoming calls and emails from TMs. Research and provide information such as estimated time of arrival (ETA), customer history data, order tracking, delivery issues, proof of delivery, etc.
- Provide customer with order history information (i.e., item #, quantity, etc.) and pricing.
- Process orders (including new, cancellation or additions to current order), invoices, credits/returns and respond to customers’ inquiries.
- Enter and update vendor drop ship orders, including vendor manufacturer ID, cost of goods, color specifications, sizes, etc.
- Back Orders – If item is out of stock, check ETA. If not readily available, check availability of stock to determine if shipment can wait, needs to be pulled from another Distribution Center or substituted with a replacement item.
- Research and obtain ETA, proof of delivery, shipment tracking and information on returns and other request as needed.
- Prepare and send customer order acknowledgments.
- Inform TM and customer of standard procedures, order status and/or resolution of problems, if applicable. Follow up, either verbally or in writing to ensure proper customer satisfaction.
- Problem Resolution – Review and resolve issues with customer orders such as delivery issues, shipment discrepancy and back orders. Review and process Adjustment Request Form or Return Material Authorization following approval. Review any exceptions to Company’s standard shipping policies with management.
- Training – Regularly participate in Sysco Interactive University (SIU), vendor and other company training programs.
- Communicate regularly with internal Departments:
- Accounting – update on orders for Release on Hold.
- Purchasing – tracking and proof of delivery, ETA on drop shipments, items discontinued for delivery replacement items.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 2 years’ Customer Service experience, including working knowledge of shipping procedures and practices; inventory control processes, procedures and practices; and inventoried product line specifications (dimensions, weight, etc.).
- Call Center experience a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and familiarity in maintaining a customer database and Internet navigation.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position primarily works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time