Human Resources Manager
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for collaborating with local leaders to successfully execute local, regional, and Corporate human resources programs/initiatives while keeping the location in compliance with local, state, and federal employment law. Act as a point of contact for associate questions and concerns in areas of payroll, benefits, work environment, and other Sysco programs.
- Oversee Recruiting Specialist and entire recruiting process
- Work with Recruiting Specialist to create strategies and processes for identifying, recruiting and retaining high quality associates. This includes developing, implementing and evaluating recruiting and talent development programs in compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and regulations for sourcing, recruiting, hiring, orienting, and retaining new associates.
- Be a partner to all departments concerning workforce planning.
- Create goals and programs that support retention goals within our OpCo.
- Provide proactive and reactive counsel and appropriate courses of action to Leaders regarding all employment issues. Investigate problems or complaints and provide guidance on best course of action.
- Assist with facilitating Sysco Speaks results and action planning efforts.
- Provide advice or guidance for employee questions regarding employee relations, benefits, payroll, policies and procedures, etc.
Training & Development:
- Develop and establish associate training and educational programs in an effort to upgrade managerial, technical, and productivity skills to drive results.
- Partner with leadership on associate reviews and evaluation, providing training and consultation when needed.
- New Hire Orientation
- Communicating Benefit information & facilitating Open Enrollment Meetings
- Employee Events / Bulletin Boards
- Maintaining and updating personnel files.
- Various projects as assigned
- Follow up with various departments to meet project deadlines
- Ensure company is in compliance with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws.
- Develop and Maintain Affirmative Action Plan.
- Monitor unemployment claims and assist departments with appeals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Certification in HR from SHRM or HRCI preferred.
5 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist Role. Supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time