Operations System Analyst
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
Operations System Analyst
This is an Operations position resonsible for the implementation, upgrades, maintenance and training/support of all Operations department systems at an Operating Company. Must understand and recommend system enhancements to improve profitability and productivity. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, validating the data produced and performing statistical analysis for the Operations Department Management and may also include providing management and direction to slotting
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands, utilizes and seeks continuous improvements in the use of all Operations information systems including, but not limited to, Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Houston’s Navision ERP, Transportations Roadnet and Telogis routing optimization system, in addition to the planned installation of Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS), and other future system implementations.
- Acts as Operating Company Operations liaison for Operation systems upgrades. Collaborate with local and corporate resources to schedule and complete system enhancements
- Trains users in Operations hardware and/or software systems.
- Recommends Operations systems hardware and software upgrades within Company guidelines.
- Develops and provides reports for management as directed. Typical requests consist of consolidating information from various sources to provide executive summaries, dashboard, trends, metrics, etc. (labor costs, accuracy, results, etc.)
- Analyzes data, identifies opportunities and proposes actions in an effort to increase the effectiveness of the Operations departments.
- Communicates with all other areas of the Company as necessary and provides Operations information and reports as requested.
- Collaborates with the Transportation department and the Inbound and Outbound Warehouse management staffs to maximize productivity.
- Collaborates with the Production departments; Beef, Poultry, and Seafood management staffs to measure, evaluate, and recommend actions to optimize costs and productivity.
- Serves as essential personnel in time of catastrophic events and emergency situations (hurricane, facility malfunction, etc.) locally and/or at other Operating Companies as required.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for routine tasks and processes associated with the functions within the Operations Departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, FDA, USDA, etc.)
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree;one to three years operations experience with information systems; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio and percent; uses whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; demonstrates general understanding of finance terminology and concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade.
- Working knowledge of shipping procedures and practices; inventory control processes, procedures and practices; and inventoried product line specifications (dimensions, weight, etc.)
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined, consistent, timely and objective manner and capable of following established policies, procedures and practices. Complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to plan and organize own activities; analyze and disseminate forms; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; identify and solve problems; and manage multiple priorities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance; use hands and fingers to operate a calculator, computer and/or telephone. The associate is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time