Accounts Receivable Net Deposit Coordinator
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Net Deposit Coordinator receives all incoming customer payments made via check and processes the payments using New Capture functionality. This function requires strong attention to detail and focus to ensure that the payments are properly applied.
- Retrieve, open and batch mail for the Net Deposit process.
- Scanning Process: Once the checks have been reviewed and staged, the scanning process begins. Each check is scanned and applicable invoice information is entered using the barcode on the invoice, if provided, or via manual data entry. During this process, the Coordinator must be vigilant to make sure that the check image matches both the MICR number and dollar amount on the corresponding line below the image.
- Staging Deposits: After the checks have been reviewed and batched, the contents of each envelope is removed and backup is stapled to the envelope. Two piles are created – one for the checks and the other for backup – keeping them in order. Once a group of 18 are completed, a double tape is run to support batch control.
- Maintain various spreadsheets as directed.
- Also assist in job sharing with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and recurring Credit Card form setup and maintenance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree from two-year College or technical school.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 3+ years’ general accounting or bookkeeping experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Works well within a team structure.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Works well in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be able to 10 Key and type accurately.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This position works in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time