Company: Newport Meat of Nevada
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89118
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Newport Meat of Nevada
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Financial forecasting and reporting. The position interacts with various departments throughout the company to resolve payable and receivable issues as well as to gain information about projections, trends and any other developments which could impact/affect financial results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and directs work of Accounts Payable Clerks, Account Receivable Clerks and Cashiers
- May handle tax payments
- May oversee and manage the licensing process
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus last year results
- Analyze and compare earned income post conversion to SAP and compare to pre conversion
- Identify underperforming customers and vendors and the key drivers of profitability
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Provide specific analysis as to the key drivers of expenses and the key drivers as to variances to last year and to plan
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Quantify the financial impact of key cost control initiatives
- May participate in shrink committee
- Assist Broadline CFO with the performance of the forecast
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the forecast
- Work with each department to ensure they understand the overall forecast and how the impact of the key initiatives they are responsible for are reflected in the forecast
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the profit plan
- Participates in the recruiting and training of finance associates
- Responsible for performance management and development of finance associates
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics required
- At least 5 years financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- MBA degree and prior managerial experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- The work typically is performed in a temperature controlled office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Working hours could extend beyond normal business hours depending on varied workload.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time