Area CFO - Central
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Area CFO - Central
The Area Chief Financial Officer is the lead finance individual for the Area and is responsible for directing all of the finance activities in the Area and functions as a business partner to the Area President. The individual will report jointly (dual solid line) to the Area President and the CFO-SSMG. The Area CFO is responsible for all aspects of the Area’s financial activities including partnering with the Area President and Company management teams in the execution of the annual plan, initiatives and action plans; forecasting future results; the accuracy of reported results, capital planning, internal controls, credit management, acquisition support and assimilation, working capital performance and inventory control. The Area CFO plays a lead role in the activities pertaining to conversion to SSMG’s new ERP system/s.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of Profit Plan and Key Initiatives
- Provide leadership related to the execution and monitoring of the annual plan, business transformation initiatives, and operational initiatives.
- Execute the Area’s implementation of new ERP systems including conversion activities and adoption of new reporting tools.
- Provide the Area President clear analysis of the impact of key actions to financial results.
- Identify, with the Area President, the key actions needed to affect the financial results and achieve plan.
- Partner with Area President and company senior management team in driving execution of action plans. Identify what’s working well and ensure that these are performed consistently in the Area and identify opportunities in action items that are not being achieved.
- Analysis of Operating Results
- Analyze results of operations and clearly explain causes or drivers of significant variances to plan, forecast and last year. Provide variance analysis in a clear and concise manner to the Area President, Vice President of Operations, CFO-SSMG and senior executive team.
- Monitor and evaluate the contribution of all companies to operating results.
- Develop fact-based recommended courses of corrective action to achieve planned financial results.
- Profit Plan and Business reviews
- Lead the annual profit plan and business review process within the Area.
- Partner with the Area President and company senior management team to ensure they are jointly involved in establishing the plan and understand the key drivers implicit in achieving the plan.
- Coordinate efforts related to preparing for and participating in annual business reviews.
- Ensure the Area’s 12 month forecasts of operating results are accurate with input from the Area President and Company senior management.
- Ensure forecasts are an accurate representation of ongoing trends and the impact from key action items expected to be achieved.
- Partner with the Area President and company senior management team to ensure they are jointly involved in establishing the forecasts and understand the key drivers implicit in achieving the forecast.
- Credit Management
- Develop and implement strategies to hit planned days sales outstanding targets.
- Work with management to establish and maintain credit and collection policies in accordance with Sysco guidelines.
- Review aged accounts receivable and take proper action to reduce risk.
- Inventory Control
- Develop and implement strategies to hit planned days inventory on hand targets.
- Analyze shrink reports to identify trends and opportunities to increase operational efficiency, and coordinate physical inventory counts and analyze any deviations to book inventory.
- Review inventory valuation assessments to ensure accurate tax charges.
- Capital Investment Planning
- Ensure compliance with the Sysco Capital Investment Proposal (CIP) processes by being part of the approval process
- As needed, provide financial valuation models for CIP requests.
- Acquisition Integration
- Partner with the Area President and the Corporate M&A team in performing due diligence of acquisition targets.
- Partner with Area President, Company management team and Corporate M&A, legal and other department teams in ensuring a smooth onboarding transition of acquired companies.
- Partner with Area President, Company management team in ensuring an effective integration of the acquired companies.
- Developing Talent
- Ensure new associates participate in departmental training programs
- Participate as a mentor to local CFO’s and Finance leads
- Assist company presidents with personnel decisions
- Ensure the financial team of each company is competent
- Assist with the development of a talent pool
- Identify potential new hires
- Set goals, review performance, and develop financial staff (Company CFO’s) within the department.
- Proactively train the Area finance team on the drivers of the business and how they impact operational results.
- Ensure the financial functions necessary to support sales activities, including business reviews, transfers, and customer relations activities within the Area are operating effectively.
- Work with corporate on union (if applicable), cost and customer contract negotiations, and litigation strategies.
- Lead projects and perform other duties as directed by the Area President or SSMG CFO.
- Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Follow‑Up - Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and analysis in a concise and effective manner to individuals or groups.
- Decision Making - Obtaining information and identifying key issues relevant to a arriving at a key decision. Engaging with the right parties to logically arrive at a decision. Making the decision and following through to execute the decision.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Job requires travel to Companies, Area meetings and Corporate office/s.
- Ten years finance or accounting management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related degree
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office experience, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) forecasting experience, Change Management, ERP Implementation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time