Production Manager, Ground Beef
Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Plan, organize, direct, and control the activities of the Ground Beef Operations function of the company. Responsible for the performance and expense of Department functions including, but not limited to such things as materials, equipment, reporting, production, and analysis.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Responsible for overall daily operations of the Ground Beef Department. This includes ensuring all orders are cut and packaged correctly and in line with company and customer expectations
- Create adequate plans for planned outputs, labor efficiency, material/machinery efficiency, scheduling, and customer service
- Work with Operations Supervisor to produce unique and/or complex orders requiring a higher touch level of care such as the new products, ordering plates etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw materials are brought into and out of the department correctly and that inventory integrity is accurate
- Close down production room. Ensure that all items are cut and packed off and by-products are put away and labeled correctly
- Review daily production logs for accuracy and changing items that are incorrect
- Work with the sales team to coordinate orders
- Monitor and evaluate overtime and pounds per man hour guidelines to ensure they are being met
- Enforce policies and procedures to drive compliance with local, state, federal and regulatory agencies (i.e. FSQA, OSHA, USDA)
- Provide on job training and direction for employees and assure that the authority and responsibility of each employee is defined and understood
- Make sure all subordinates and employees are treated fairly and respectfully and are evaluated, disciplined, and promoted in a fair manner
- Provide analysis and detailed reports to Director/President when requested
Coordinate and collaborate with all other departments to establish and carry out all Operation challenges and goals
- Maintain appropriate line of communication with all areas of responsibility and staff at all levels
- Keep employees informed of all company/department changes and opportunities as they become available to discuss
- Monitor and follow up as informed by QA and Safety/Risk Manager on all QA and Safety issues as they pertain to Operations.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume other activities or responsibilities as directed from the President.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Conduct periodic safety inspections of your dept and address any safety issues found immediately.
- Train and promote safe work practices and use observations to check on employee’s work habits. Use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in management position
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, across all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Position requires standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending. The production room is kept between 36 and 37 degrees and managers will spend 80 percent of their time in this environment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time