Customer Service Representative
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Customer Service Representative
Summary: The Customer Service Representative role is responsible for providing direct support to all assigned accounts as well as the Marketing Associate(s) and customers. As a Customer Service Representative the goal is to assist and help resolve all customer needs quickly and accurately.
- Assist in supporting and maintaining sales goals and positive growth within our distribution area.
- Answer high volume inbound calls from customers daily
- Take and process orders daily as well as assisting with delivery questions and Will Call orders.
- Maintain Call List, monitor orders before cut-off and communicate regularly with Marketing Associates and customers.
- Provide customers with invoice copies or directing them to the correct department.
- Alert Sales Associates of new product needs or customer concerns
- Work under the stress of customer complaints and have the ability to remedy situations tactfully.
- Assist the Marketing Associates with credits/returns
- Keep customers informed concerning product changes or changes in transportation schedules.
- Maintain all current Program accounts assigned as directed by the supervisor.
Perform all duties in accordance with accepted current standards and perform other duties as deemed necessary so as to meet Departmental and Company Objectives
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Computer data entry and PC (MS Office) experience preferred.
- Basic math
- Ability to use 10-key
- Clear, accurate verbal and written communication skills as well as strong telephone communication skills.
- Sound judgment, clerical skills, and the ability to tactfully interact with others.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work under pressure, prioritize work, work independently as well as with others.
- Weekend work may be necessary; overtime with short notice may be required.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop business relationships with all Sales Account Customers.
Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Work is performed in an office atmosphere within the facility.
- All areas may include steps, stairs, and ramps at various levels.
- Air-conditioned and non air-conditioned, heated and non-heated conditions.
- Adequate break room and bathroom facilities.
- Adequate ventilation and dust control with good lighting and noise level that is less than 35 decibels at the loudest.
- Work is performed on carpet, linoleum, and cement floors.
- Worksite is adequately equipped to handle the requirements of this job.
- Position may require travel out of the facility.
- Employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time