Social Media Strategy Specialist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Social Media Strategy Specialist will serve as a strategist and internal evangelist on social media, responsible for articulating social media plans and leading and executing their implementation. This is a newly created position within Sysco’s Global Communications team. This position will be responsible for driving social strategy, working alongside and consulting with various cross functional teams across the globe at Sysco.
The Social Media Strategy Specialist will create new social marketing campaigns, build brand recognition, and manage all published company content. While working with web analytic tools to track campaign progress and researching industry trends, the Social Media Strategy Specialist will maintain an active social presence and reply to customer inquiries. The Social Media Strategy Specialist will collaborate with other Sysco teams, including marketing, PR, and legal to align company messages, promotions, and goals.
The ideal candidate will drive innovation, collaboration and reinforce the use of best practices in today’s ever-changing landscape. They will also have experience launching impactful campaigns that drive true business results. They will use insights and data to develop, launch, test, and report on best-in-class awareness, consideration and conversion-oriented programs. The candidate will work with other teams across Sysco and be responsible for recommending strategies and actions. This person should be deeply knowledgeable across the social media ecosystem, but also in the surrounding digital space as well, in areas like video, data, media, e-commerce, search engine optimization (SEO), mobile and customer behavior.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement social media brand strategies, campaigns and plans to build brand/company awareness
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Set targets and timelines for social media programs and key initiatives and manage content and editorial calendar
- Maintain and grow existing social networks, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and others
- Lead efforts to devise system of measurements and key metrics to understand effectiveness in terms of social media penetration and impact of social media reputation and perceptions
- Develop and maintain a process workflow that ensures consistent execution and delivery of social media marketing campaigns, working collaboratively with various internal stakeholders
- Monitor social media progress using web analytic tools
- Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data and research best ways to increase traffic
• Benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media
- Review success of campaigns and develop ways to improve
• Drive engagement with social media influencers
• Resolve customer issues through social media
- Member of the crisis communications team, assist with analysis, drafting/editing messages. Will utilize social media for dissemination of messaging
• Create effective, engaging written and visual content for multiple platforms and social networks
• Research new media platforms, trends and industry opportunities
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Advanced computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- 4-6 years of social media management experience
- Ability to internalize various inputs – corporate strategy, business priorities, brand and PR messaging, product campaigns – while still driving a cohesive social strategy
- Understanding of social KPIs (both organic and paid)
- Experience managing social content and campaigns, with knowledge of creative best practices for social platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with marketing tech software and CMS systems
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Experience identifying and creating campaigns for target audiences
- Experience working cross functionally and interacting with partners at all levels
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to supervise multiple projects
- Excellent teamwork and relationship building skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time