Principal Data Scientist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sysco seeks a Principal Data Scientist to own the technical develop of an industry leading, best in class predictive platform. Reporting to the VP of Strategy and Analytics, this prospective candidate will be a key leader in Sysco’s customer-first evolution, which is enabled by advanced analytics and a digital transformation.
As Sysco’s first Principal Data Scientist, you will create a function, bringing together internal talent and hiring new scientists and engineers to create and scale models which generate demand, enable the assortment and optimize our operations. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for mapping out a scientific and technical roadmap with business leaders and working with product management and business technology leadership to deliver at scale to market. You will also be responsible for being a mentor and thought partner to the analytically curious throughout Sysco to ensure that all of our decisions are grounded in customer-based fact.
- Lead the technical development of an industry-leading predictive analytics platform which encompasses: demand generation, assortment optimization, supply chain design and optimization, field operations and portfolio planning
- Build a sustaining function with predictive modeling expertise, focusing on models which will improve the associate and customer digital experience
- Work with VPs and Sr Directors throughout Sysco to frame business opportunities and develop appropriate analytic strategies. Ensure the appropriate analytical techniques are used to solve those business opportunities
- Coach and lead team members in technical data science techniques
- Oversee all data science functions including basic and applied research projects, as well as the development of new processes, technologies and products.
- Work with Product Management and Business Technology teams to ensure that all models are effectively scaled
- Manage, attract, coach, retain, and motivate a world class team of scientists and engineers
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and predictive analytic practices
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the analytically curious throughout Sysco.
- Accomplished scientist with deep Big Data experience in an environment which is both digital and analog.
- Acknowledged leader in the field of data science and analytics. Patents and publications a plus.
- Demonstrated success delivering predictive analytics systems that leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence, preferably in a commercial environment
- Experience in both startup and large corporate environment ideal
- Excellent communicator. Able to explain predictive analytics systems and other analytical techniques to stakeholders with limited analytic experience. Able to discuss analytic techniques to executives and business users in a way that instills confidence and trust in the partnership.
- Proven experience with at least one of the statistical packages such as SAS, R, SPSS, STATA, etc. and applying them to business decisions.
- Comfortable working in a cloud environment (preferably AWS), leveraging the latest technologies and techniques to develop models at scale
- 15+ years of experience of analytic and\or development for innovative companies
- 5+ years in top technology leadership positions building, managing, motivating world class technical teams
- Proven track-record getting projects completed with excellence and on time
- PhD in a quantitative science discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other related field of study
- Excellence leading teams through strategic planning, operating plans and crunch time execution
- Strong business acumen
- Intellectually curious
- Highly motivated, inspired overachiever
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, able to make ambiguous concrete
- Great communicator, listener and collaborator
- Ability to think strategically while also executing multiple projects on deadline
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; fluency interfacing with both technical and management teams
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time