Sr Data Scientist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is part of the Customer Intelligence and Analytics Team at Sysco Corporation. The primary focus is to conduct advanced analytics with big data to get insights for Sales and Marketing Program Development and performance tracking.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Conduct advanced data analysis and design complex algorithms.
- Design Predictive Analytics solutions, and formulate mathematical approaches to solve business problems utilizing R, SAS, SPSS or other advanced analytics tools
- Perform customer analytics activities within the street customer base to support personalized customer engagement activations (e.g. Sysco Rewards points, share of wallet analysis, churn prediction and customer lifetime value)
- Work with Sysco technology team on data integration to build a customer data-mart, which is the foundation of data-driven and customer- centric marketing initiatives
- Synthesize and interpret analytics insights from other commercial functions as potential inputs into the customer data-mart
- Identify and derive insights regarding customer behaviors and preferences across various sales and marketing channels to inform customer data-mart
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive business results through various use cases of customer-level in
- Research industry leading analytics practices and recommend continuous improvement opportunities for Sysco
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy, analytics, at a specialized analytics company or in an analytics organization in a corporate setting (banking or retail)
- Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction (i.e. display thought leadership vs. simply "do" or execute something that was developed or directed by someone else)
- Must have experience developing, driving and delivering complex analytical projects
- Able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical and visualization tools such as R, SAS, SPSS and Tableau.
- Experience in the sales and marketing area, preferred
- Experience in CPG, Retail and /or Foodservice preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PHD degree preferred from a top tier technical institute.
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- High proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of end to end process for deploying analytics within a business organization to create value
- Strategic thinking and business acumen
- Must be very comfortable with numbers and have a solid understanding of various analytical techniques and where they should be best deployed
- Must have a basic understanding of the latest trends in database systems and technologies that enable advanced analytics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time