Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to assemble orders according to demand, and complete stock tickets within designated demand times. This position will involve re-boxing product to ticket specifications. This position is responsible to quickly perform quality assurance checks for product and weight.
- Pull product to match ticket.
- Perform final check to ensure that items and weights match the orders. Follow up to ensure product provides high quality presentation for the customer.
- Assemble pallets for outgoing demand and stock orders.
- Assist in assembling cooler and freezer stock pallets.
- Responsible for numerous SYSCO house orders.
- Require to follow all GMP’s and safety Regulation.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Complete proper documentation for product traceability.
- Report discrepancies to leads and supervisors.
- Pulling orders
- Operating equipment including sit down and stand up forklift and pallet jack when needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Six (6) months experience in a warehouse.
- Experience operating electric pallet jack.
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time