Mgr, Casualty Claims
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Protect the assets of Sysco Corporation through the administration, and oversight of the Casualty Claim Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of claim activities for operations in all 50 states and Canada, representing over 2,300 open claims with $134 million incurred costs
- Serve as point of contact to OPCO and TPA for claims management responsibility
- Manage, maintain and enhance the partnership with Third Party Admistrators (TPA)
- Monitor claim files for execution of appropriate claim handling and reserving practices while providing technical support and oversight
- Collaborate on action plans for claim settlements within specific financial thresholds
- Communicate and coordinate new policies and procedures & implementation between Sysco and TPA
- Provide support with Corporate Safety Services and Enterprise Risk Management team to align strategies and goals to minimize incidents and costs
- Generate and analyze claims loss runs and reports to identify and communicate trends
- Communicate status of claims, claims cost and reserve information to OPCO as necessary
- Serve as Corporate claims representative on all initial serious claims calls and telephonic claim reviews
- Attend trials, mediations, arbitrations, hearings and other forums as needed
- Partner with OPCO HR managers to ensure timely and appropriate Return to Work (RTW) for associates with or without restrictions
- Determines actual time missed from work due to work related injuries and illnesses and provides accurate information to both the OPCO and TPA to ensure accurate DART tracking
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Business Administration Degree required and or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ongoing continuing education courses required
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
5 years’ claim adjusting experience with an insurance company or TPA dealing with high volume multi-jurisdictional workers’ compensation, general liability and auto liability claims and two years of experience with a large employer.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- ARM, CPCU, AIC preferred by not required
- Proficient in use of Risk Management Information Systems
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively all levels
- Excellent presentation and team building skills
- Thorough understanding of the casualty claim process
- Strong understanding of medical and legal terminology
- Strong critical thinking ability, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily comunication and coordination with other departments
- Ability to work unsupervised
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Enterprise Risk Management, Safety, Legal, Operations, Treasury and Human Resource Departments at Sysco Corporate and Operating Companies
- Multiple Third Party Claim Administrators
- Defense attorneys
- Medical Providers
- Insurance Brokers
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the corporate facility
- Must be able to do limited travel to claim-related hearings and other forums as well as to Sysco facilities or operating companies to the extent necessary. (Estimated 10-20%)
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time