Operations Training Supervisor
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
As the export specialty division of Sysco; IFG delivers expertise in product selection, services and value chain capabilities to customers in over 80 countries across the globe. Every day, US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service rely on Sysco IFG to help deliver their brand and unique customer experience across the globe. With over 700 customers, we also export Sysco’s brands of products to numerous distributors in many of the countries in which we do business.
We make this all possible from our two dedicated export facilities - our 125,000 square foot facility in Plant City, Florida and our 200,000 sq. ft. facility in Jacksonville Florida. Our dedicated and diverse staff of over 250 associates coordinates daily to deliver on our promise of providing our customers with the best products, services and support in the industry. It is our commitment to this promise, as well as our knowledge of the global marketplace and our customers’ needs that has been the cornerstone of our success. Today, International Food Group provides a complete end to end solution to your global supply chain needs.
We currently have an opening for an Operations Training Supervisor.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The primary function of the Operations Training Supervisor is to create and implement successful operations training programs for all hourly associates. The purpose of this position is to build, implement and manage successful training programs for incoming and current hourly associates within warehouse operations. This position will be responsible for directly training our associates, as well as, managing the performance of our on-the-job operations trainers. All of this is done with compliance of Sysco’s Preferred Work Methods.
Operations Training Supervisor Primary Responsibilities include:
- Working with Operations Management to develop effective on-boarding training programs with a focus on employee accuracy and productivity.
- Working with on-the-job trainers to ensure effective follow-up with all trainees throughout the training process.
- Compiles training reports for management review.
- Conducts hands-on training with operations personnel.
- Conducts analysis and builds programs for existing operations associates who are not performing at acceptable levels; implements and manages programs to ensure associates receive proper job training and work with Operations Management and Human Resources to assist in employment decisions where necessary.
- Provides feedback and additional targeted performance instruction to all operations associates.
- Must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years warehouse experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Manage Deadlines - Have good time management skills.
- Must have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven. Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
- Must be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
The Operations Training Supervisor must be able to:
- Safely lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 80 lbs. occasionally,
- Work in both ambient and freezer temperatures. Freezer (-10 degrees), Cooler (36 degrees) and dry climate controlled side (mid 70’s).
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads may occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test & physical in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time