Supply Chain Instructor (CDL Driver Trainer)
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Long Island
Location: US-NY-Central Islip
Zip Code: 11722
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This role is responsible for the coordination/delivery of CDL and delivery driving training to Sysco�s Delivery Drivers. The incumbent will deliver standardized curriculum to prepare employees for the CDL exam. Training will consist of classroom based study as well as training on vehicle operation, trailer management and overall safety. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordinating the delivery of driver training. They will be the key point of contact regarding the training program and trainee performance. They will be responsible for partnering with driver trainers that administer delivery driving training. The incumbent will assess each candidate and communicate progress towards completing their training to Market and OpCo leaders.
- Experience in facilitating training and utilizing strong coordination, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to monitor and assess trainees and make performance-based recommendations.
- Knowledge of DOT, state regulations and company policies regarding the operation of company�s vehicles.
- Execute Train-the-Trainer sessions
- Efficiently deliver training to large groups of associates
- Document open questions / parking lots items / feedback during and after class and work with Operations leadership and SMEs to find answers
- Ensure readiness of all training materials
- Manage training administration:
- Confirm course materials are updated and classroom devices work prior to the start of class
- Track course attendance and communicate back to operations and OpCo leadership results
- Assist with other duties as assigned or as directed
- Must be 21+ years of age
- 3-5 years of training delivery and facilitation experience
- Five (5) years of continuous commercial driver experience. Touch freight delivery driving experience preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to refine training programs and assess candidates within the training program to determine their readiness to operate Sysco delivery truck driving.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Excellent presentations skills. Comfortable in the presentation of materials to large groups of people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to manage priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills, must be able to work through and resolve obstacles, be persistent and persuasive
- Excellent team-building skills; able to work with different levels of personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate up and down the chain of command
- Ability to multitask and have flexibility to accommodate changing priorities
- Travel may be required
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid Class A CDL with a "clean" driving record and current MEC
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Limited travel, less than 10% is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Training will be conducted in a classroom environment as well as, outdoors in normal and inclement weather conditions.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This job description supercedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time