Company: FreshPoint Central Florida
Zip Code: 32809
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
JOB TITLE: Transportation Manager
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Our team of drivers gets behind the wheel daily to deliver the freshest produce across the country to our customers. This is at the heart of what we do. In order to do this, we are looking to hire the brightest leaders to set the course for their daily success and are able to work alongside them if that’s what it takes, leading by example. Our transportation manager and supervisors are friendly, team oriented, ambitious, self-starters that deliver on our commitment “to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner” daily. This leadership opportunity requires a passion for being close to the action and at the heart of it all!
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the entire daily transportation of produce and grocery items to the customer and from our vendors back to the distribution facility. Manager must be able to communicate will with all departments, coordinate equipment and drivers, and maintain a fine balance between distribution efficiency and customer service.
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Travel Percentage: 50% (local)
- Work Location: Orlando
- The Schedule: Early morning start times between 12:00 AM – 5:00 AM, Monday – Saturday. Candidates must have the ability to work non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting Company Standards required
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven knowledge of current DOT regulations.
- Routing experience required
- Daily routing of our customer accounts in such a manner as to maximize both efficiency and customer service.
- Monitors and improves department operations – uses quality improvement processes to assess department results and lead the department management team in attaining the desired results. Leverages technology to attain cost, safety and service objectives. Holds department management staff accountable to business objectives. Conducts regular meetings to address departmental issues. Develops and implements strategic action plans to meet department and organizational goals.
- Audits department performance – Performs periodic assessments and audits in all areas to identify and address operational, safety and service issues to ensure legal and regulatory compliance. Conducts appearance audits. Follows up to ensure proper methods and procedures are being followed. Maintains strict adherence to the code of conduct and compliance programs.
- Maintains positive employee relations – Develops and maintains good working relationships with all employees. Administers and addresses employee related issues in a timely fashion including coaching, mentoring, employee development, accountability and progressive discipline in accordance with company policy when necessary. Maintaining a relationship of open communication with Human Resources specifically relating to departmental and employee issues is expected and required so as to ensure all issues are handled in accordance with company policy, practices and while abiding by all state and federal laws.
- Maintains a safe and efficient fleet operation.
- The daily coordination of product picked up on our trucks from local vendors.
- Maintain both pallet deliveries and billing.
- Daily scheduling of drivers and corresponding trucks / equipment.
- Point person for emergency transportation issues – 24 hrs. day, 7 days per week.
- Departmental staffing – driver hiring, disciplinary, and performance evaluations.
- Route setup and consolidation.
- Maintain proper documentation and log books as required by the DOT.
- Daily accountability of all vehicle post and pre-trip inspections.
- Complete payroll and turn in all documentation in timely manner.
- Assure drivers are properly trained in department policies, customer service, safety, and driving ability.
- Complete all accident and injury investigations.
- Work closely with other departments to assure customer service is provided in the most efficient method.
- Maintain valid driver’s license in the event of emergency route relief.
- Answer incoming calls from drivers regarding problems and reroute when necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed by Operations Manager.
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE PERKS and BENEFITS:
- Exciting promotions and opportunities to increase your income;
- Personal and career growth;
- Friendly and supportive work environment;
- A stable growing company;
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription plans;
- Life and Disability insurance coverage;
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, Employee Assistance programs;
- Pre-tax savings opportunities;
- Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate;
- Check out Syscobenefits.com for more information!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time