Facility Maintenance Manager
Company: FreshPoint Central Florida
Zip Code: 32809
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Our team of drivers gets behind the wheel daily to deliver the freshest produce across the country to our customers. This is at the heart of what we do. In order to do this, we are looking to hire the brightest leaders to set the course for their daily success and are able to work alongside them if that’s what it takes, leading by example. Our transportation manager and supervisors are friendly, team oriented, ambitious, self-starters that deliver on our commitment “to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner” daily. This leadership opportunity requires a passion for being close to the action and at the heart of it all!
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and appearance of the facility, outside grounds, security, power industrial equipment technicians and third party providers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management and direction to the facility maintenance staff.
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Travel Percentage: None
- Work Location: Orlando
- The Schedule: Early morning start time 5:00 AM till job is complete, Monday – Friday. Candidates must have the ability to work non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet business needs.
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, freshcut department, power industrial equipment and security.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Coordinates emergency response or crisis management activities, develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination and assists Safety Manager with training initiatives.
- Manages the proper selection, purchase, utilization and inventory of Company assets in support of the facilities, freshcut department, and power industrial equipment and security departments. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively
- Develops business relationships to ensure communication and efficient operations with third party vendors, including but not limited to, janitorial, pest services, security, external contractors, facility maintenance and landscaping. Maintains current certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all contracted vendors.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within facility maintenance, power industrial equipment and security.
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules for all systems, equipment, and buildings including: Refrigeration Systems, HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial equipment, building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Manages, assigns and monitors all department projects for quality and timely completion. Utilizes maintenance tracking software for task management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including but not limited to food safety documentation, SQF, EPSM, PSM, GFSI, etc.) and retained to ensure minimum potential for loss.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submit ideas and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to five years maintenance management experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Working knowledge of Freon systems
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs Training required.
- Certificate, licenses and registrations in refrigeration required.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE PERKS and BENEFITS:
- Exciting promotions and opportunities to increase your income;
- Personal and career growth;
- Friendly and supportive work environment;
- A stable growing company;
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription plans;
- Life and Disability insurance coverage;
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, Employee Assistance programs;
- Pre-tax savings opportunities;
- Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate;
- Check out Syscobenefits.com for more information!
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time