Regional Lead, HR Business Partner
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position plays a critical leadership role on the Sysco HR Team. The Market HR Business Partner (MHRBP) provides leadership and direction to Sysco’s broadline operating companies in these markets and the entire organization regarding the design, execution and measurement of people / talent capability planning, development and optimization programs and solutions. This role is also focused on partnering with broadline market and company leaders to develop talent, build a succession pipeline, and execute people initiatives. The assigned HRBPs in broadline companies report directly to OpCo Presidents, with a strong dotted line relationship to the Market HR Business Partner. This role will also be a key participant in the market-based cross-functional leadership teams.
This position will office out of the market hub at Sysco Atlanta
- Lead all HR activities within the assigned broadline market by providing top-quality coaching, customer service, and solutions in all HR areas, including talent management, culture, total rewards, leadership training, employee relations, and compliance.
- Select, develop and retain the required HR talent within the broadline companies to meet current and future business needs by using the Sysco HR Competencies and CMP.
- Partner with OpCo Presidents to ensure that assigned OpCo HRBPs successfully execute core Sysco people programs (performance management, talent reviews, leadership development, engagement, incentives) as well as other business initiatives.
- Identify and consult on human resource strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions affecting individual broadline companies and the market.
- Partner with Centers of Expertise (Total Rewards, Talent Management, Labor Relations) to provide strategic insight on the design and development of HR programs, tools and processes.
- Partner with Sysco Business Services HR to successfully support assigned broadline markets with HR shared services (talent acquisition, payroll, relocation, HR data administration, compensation administration).
- Liaise between the Centers of Expertise, SBS, market functional leaders and their assigned broadline markets to ensure consistency in policy interpretation and application.
- Monitor and report on key talent metrics for assigned markets.
- Support / facilitate significant organization change initiatives (via change management, organization design).
- Forecast talent needs for assigned markets and work with their HRBP team to put in plans for each.
- Understand and represent / broker leadership talent for their assigned markets.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's organizational structure, operations, values and culture to support Sysco’s vision, mission and strategies.
- Build strong business partnerships and have regular interactions with market business and functional leadership, broadline company senior leadership.
- Consult with internal and external legal counsel as appropriate on employment matters.
- 10+ years of experience participating in the design, development and execution of human resources strategies and tactics.
- Prior supervisory experience of other HR professionals.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant Sysco experience.
- Experience managing and implementing HR initiatives.
- Ability to visualize and effectively convey a “big picture” view of HR and how it fits with Sysco’s business strategies.
- Strong collaboration, consultative, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Strong organization and business communication skills (oral and written) are required to manage a remote team.
- This is a corporate position reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources U.S. Foodservice Operations.
- The position is required to reside in the market hub.
- Travel to both the Houston corporate office and assigned broadline operating companies is required -- approximately 50% of the time.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking & Speech Clarity: Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Expression: Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Deductive Reasoning: Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity: Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas: Coming up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time