Driver Check in Associate
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Seattle
Zip Code: 98032
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Finance position responsible for reworking and sorting damaged items in the warehouse. Daily responsibilities include inspecting product and documenting appropriate information for efficient and precise processing of items ensuring inventory is accurate. This position will be cross-trained to fill in as back up to check in drivers who have completed their routes by performing product counts, compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise.
- Sorts and organizes damaged product
- Repairs, tapes and straps damaged items
- Separates product into restock/repair, donate and waste
- Identifies product location for proper put away in warehouse
- Disposes of waste product according to company policy
- Maintains the work area in a clean and sanitary condition
- Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Understands and complies with all company policies including safety and sanitation
- Operates pallet jack and strapping machine in an efficient and safe manner
- Ensure food safety protocols are followed and coordinate with Food Safety Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check-in drivers who have completed their routes by verifying product returned, customers signed the invoice and possible missed deliveries; account for pallets, totes and other company property is returned
- Identify missed collections and notify Credit Services
- Ensure food safety protocols were followed on the return and coordinate with Food Safety personnel for issues
- Ensure all delivery exceptions are noted on the invoice and/or delivery exception report; inspect returned products to determine restocking appropriateness or deciding if the customer warrants credit
- Decide and adjust as needed the appropriate reason code on invoice to provide efficient processing; code damaged or inferior products with the appropriate damage code and write the code on the damaged case
- Separate and stage for return processing all products, and count the returned items to ensure quantities match the quantity written on the return sheet and invoices; list overage on return sheet in accordance with the "available stock/warehouse location" report in an effort to re-enter the product into the inventory system as soon as possible
Education and / or Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Prior pallet jack and warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to write and communicate through email and other company correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before other associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Computer skills are required to use warehouse and accounting systems including email and spreadsheets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Stands, walks, rides, bends, lifts and carries 100% of the time
Exposed to elements such as continuous physical activity, noise, extreme temperatures, and moving equipment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time