Dir, National Recycling & Waste Mgmt
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This person will be responsible for leading Sysco’s National Recycling and Waste Management Program.
- Implement a first-class National Recycling and Waste Management Program for Sysco Corporation
- Reduce Sysco’s carbon footprint
- Decrease solid waste disposal
- Increase recycling tonnage
- Improving Sysco’s recycling revenues.
- Lead the development, implementation, and on-going improvement of Sysco’s National Recycling and Waste management Plan
- Manage the national relationship with Sysco’s exclusive recycling and solid waste management provider, (currently 4th Generation Recycling - 4G)
- Work with 4G ( or other vendors) to drive success of the recycling program
- Work with vendor, Operating Company leadership and other internal Sysco resources to create and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the Recycling and Waste Management Program for each distribution center.
- Identify, train Sysco employees at each Operating Company to be ambassadors and local experts of the Recycling and Waste Management Program.
- This group of people will form the local leaders at each operating company that will help drive the recycling and waste management initiatives.
- Conduct spot audits on all distribution centers
- Ensure 100% of Sysco’s operating companies are in compliance with Sysco’s recycling and waste management program
- Ensure that material is stored on trailers and/or inside the facility not outside on the ground
- Maximize revenues by helping the Operating Companies choose the best method for shipping its recyclables
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree - MBA preferred
- Must have experience in recycling, waste management, alternative energy or similar
- 7+ years of work experience
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to clearly and concisely provide information
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflict, and coordinate work with others
- Manage toward strategic goals on time and on budget with continuous improvement
- Independently and proactively resolves problems.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- Communication: Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills. Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps audiences understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of action; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Follow up: Monitors the results of assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes clear courses of actions for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively communicates changes and progress.
- Build partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships across departments or teams to help achieve business goals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job requires travel approximately 30% of the time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time