Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This role will be focused on applying advanced analytics to support the evaluation and development of freight cost and revenue optimization and strategy, as well as executable transportation network optimization solutions. This will require expert ability in all areas of analytics, including problem conceptualization; data acquisition, cleansing and manipulation; mathematical modeling; analytical and heuristic solution methods; and the ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate results and recommend a course of action. This role will also need to understand the transportation management system, be able to leverage the system to automate and execute analytical solutions.
- Perform data mining, cleansing, and manipulation; identify necessary data elements and their sources, leverage appropriate tools to acquire and consolidate large volumes of data from different sources, and identify and resolve any irrelevant, corrupt, missing, or incongruent data
- Lead the development of predictive analytics to identify opportunities to reduce freight cost and target the right freight revenue, i.e. through engagement of lane segmentation, demand forecast and market intelligence data
- Upgrade the work streams of transportation network optimization by developing business-friendly tools to increase operational efficiency, as well as leveraging models or scripts to better utilize commercial software to solve complicated or large-scale business problems
- Support the development of business cases for new solutions, with in-depth analysis of the challenge being addressed, the cost of the solution and projected business impact
- Identify and use appropriate technologies and platform to execute analytics against business requirements, including the ability to scale, deploy and distribute models across enterprise as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to frame requirements within an analytics context in order to tackle business goals
- 3+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL or NoSQL database environments
- 3+ years of experience with scientific scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, SAS) and/or object oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java)
- 2+ years of experience with Bayesian statistics, regression analysis (beyond linear regression), supervised learning, unsupervised learning or time-series analysis required
- 7-10 years of overall analytics experience, can be inclusive of post graduate work
- Experience in dynamic programming or text mining highly preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Master’s or PhD degree with a focus on a quantitative research and 2+ years of non-academic experience required; or equivalent experience in a R&D environment.
- Proven capabilities executing analytics in a project-based environment for a wide range of applications in a corporate/production scale
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time