Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
The Assistant Merchandiser is a valuable team member responsible for contributing to the effort of growing sales through superior service for internal and external customers by providing support for the OpCo’s in a positive, proactive and timely manner. In addition, he/she will be assisting in a variety of duties within the merchandising function for instance inventory replenishment, pricing products with oversight and administrative support. The purpose of this role is to ensure continuous hands-on inventory management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain appropriate stock levels of supplies, ingredients or products within area of oversight within QC, Safety, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Process Central Warehouse, Intercompany, Demand Status, Specialty Company and all special orders
- Procure less complex or basic replenishment of selected product lines
- Handle vacation fill in procurement
Manage POs, price inventory (with oversight), effectively communicate with suppliers, minimal price negotiation.
- Sales Support
- Coordinate with the sales department the processes of gaining new business (i.e., new large accounts, local and chain business)
- Primary contact for merchandising associates
- Facilitate sample process
Work with internal QC, and suppliers on any quality mis-ship or inventory return issues.
- Provide Merchandising Administrative support running reports etc.
- Data Maintenance
- Organize and facilitate new item and vendor set up and maintenance
- Create and maintain charts
- Maintain proprietary items
- Facilitate depletion of excess and obsolete inventory
- Most important decisions made fully independently
Keeping adequate inventory level for needs while maximizing buy efficiencies.
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
Negotiate pricing with suppliers and pricing of inventory internally with approval from Purchasing Director or Vice President.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
High School Diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
1 year experience desired but not required
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires a high-level knowledge of PC's, software including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Proficient in MS Office, detail oriented, good verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time