Mgr, International Trade Compliance
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Reporting to Corp Logistics, the MGR, INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMPLIANCE is responsible for the daily execution of Sysco Corp. international trade (importing & exporting) activities including all logistics operations. Will administer such activities and programs via third party service providers and intermediaries (e.g. freight forwarders, customs brokers) and ensure reliable and cost-effective logistics operations in compliance with all applicable laws, which include, but not limited to, the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), FDA and U.S. customs laws including tariff classifications, country of origin marking, the valuation of imports (including intra-company transfer pricing) and rules of origin.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate and coordinate with third party service providers and intermediaries. Includes, but not limited to, NVOCC’s (Non Vessel Operating Common Carriers), Customs Brokers, LLP’s (Lead Logistics Providers), etc. Direct involvement with third parties to ensure shipping requirements, bookings, document compliance, ocean carrier allocations, tracking & tracing, and all facets of logistics related to international trade meet Sysco Corp. requirements and expectations.
- Daily oversight of supply chain product flow from origin to destination; ensuring service and cost expectations are achieved. Maintain communication with customs brokers, Sysco’s forward warehouse and redistribution network, and internal departments involved with international trade.
- Support the RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal) process.
- Strives to be the subject matter expert on international logistics, trade and compliance. With a constant focus toward CI (continuous improvement) in service and cost, will ensure SOP’s (standard operational procedures) are in place and effective for both internal Sysco Corp stakeholders and third parties.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral combined with a strong Customer focus;
- Must be committed to integrity, ethics, and building strong relationships in a diverse setting;
- Strong functional/technical skills;
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize;
- Ability to be an independent thought leader for the function and work effectively as part of a highly integrated leadership team
- BS or BA degree required
- Preference for supply chain management, business or operations management, international business, or industrial distribution
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as International Trade, Logistics, etc. is highly preferred
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in imports/exports managing containerized cargo.
- Solid understanding of regulations for HTS (Harmonized Tariff Codes), U.S CBP (Customs Border Protection), FDA (Food & Drug Administration), OGA (Other Government Agency) clearances, and Federal & International Hazardous Material Regulations.
- Experience in import-export documentation
- Having previously implemented, or involved in, C-TPAT and ISA certifications with the CBP is highly desired.
- Preference for experience in cold-chain logistics, service function within a supply chain organization, etc.
- Familiarity and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma.
- Bilingual or multilingual, including English language
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated skills in project management required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) is required
- Related industry and/or process management certifications from APICS, PMI, ASQ, and/or CSCMP are highly desirable.
- SAP proficiency highly desired.
- USA Customs Broker License preferred.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Applicants must have US citizen or appropriate travel documents, with the ability to travel abroad to Canada and/or Europe.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background and drug screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time