Director, Supply Chain Inventory Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position within Corporate Merchandising has complete responsibility for all teams involved in redistribution and forward warehouse inventory management. This position has primary responsibility for inventory performance, end-customer service level and spoilage control at RDC and FWN facilities which provide domestic and import sourced product to the Sysco enterprise. This individual will have a solid grasp of wholesale foodservice supply chain disciplines including forecasting, replenishment buying, warehousing, transportation, and master capacity planning. He / she will set Supply Chain Inventory Management department direction, will respond to escalated issues, and will direct teams to develop action plans while developing processes and solutions which anticipate and resolve future problems.
The individual in this position will serve as the public face and presence of redistribution and FWN inventory management: examples of ongoing relationships include but are not limited to SMS management, OpCo leadership, field merchandising, suppliers, and other corporate departments. In this role an ability to foster and maintain excellent relationships with diverse stakeholders is a must.
- Deliver on objectives related to inventory performance, end-customer service level, spoilage mitigation and warehouse / transportation efficiencies
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to solution development by identifying, ranking, and mobilizing resources in order to achieve goals
- Lead and direct teams responsible for RDC and FWN inventory management (36 FTEs as of Sept 2018)
- Set skill and staff development objectives
- Creation and maintenance of job descriptions and development of internal career paths
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure that best business practices are defined and accessible for current and future employees hired into the Supply Chain Inventory Management team
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- An ability to foster and maintain excellent relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Possess an entrepreneurial orientation meaning the ability to identify business opportunities which fit with the supply chain organization’s capabilities and processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct in such a way that promotes collaboration and individual growth
- Individual will have the ability to develop business solutions combining a mix of business process and systems
- Be considered a subject matter expert (SME) supply chain processes especially those related to inventory management practices
- Individual must have strong leadership skills
- Must be available to travel when necessary
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative or optimization discipline
Required Minimum Experience:
- Twelve years of supply chain inventory management or distribution experience or equivalent combination of education or related work experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience with multiple direct reports
- Deep functional knowledge in end-to-end supply chain management with a focus on finished goods forecasting and inventory management
- Have created stable, consistent, repeatable processes for rapidly changing businesses and start-up operations
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent large team management skills - able to build trust and motivate during periods of intense change
- Ability to initiate new methods and programs across multiple departments
- Ability to make independent decisions with sound judgment
- Solid large scale meeting facilitation and presentation capabilities
The job requires travel approximately 5 - 10% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move items in the 20 pound range.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time