Company: SYGMA - Northern California
Zip Code: 95215
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
SYGMA Northern California
Provides support to the Warehouse Manager/Director in supervising the activities related to warehouse operations. This includes training and supervising warehouse department associates, compliance with government relations and safety and security of the warehouse.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of Warehouse Associates engaged in order selection, product replenishment, and order loading, including adherence to standard operating procedures and preferred work methods; maps daily routes to ensure proper legal weight limits and ensures the orders that are picked and loaded accurately.
- Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety and catch-weight documentation) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Assist with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, BRC, FDA, USDA); Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse
- Supervises the proper selection and utilization of Company assets in support of the Warehouse department; coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting; suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within night warehouse.
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, record keeping, protocols, safety procedures (food safety, safety observations, etc.
- Communicates with Transportation and Customer Service teams to collaboratively resolve any product or loading opportunities or issues.
- Maintains positive associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; keeps open communication channels with associates by having daily dialogs, answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Works with Safety Manager to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections; Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of the normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree; and two to four years of warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from SYGMA within 3 months.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: Food Safety rules and regulations; preferred work methods and standard operating procedures; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Skill in: making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to: successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings; solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner; work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations; manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues; to learn SYGMA technology software and programs; read, comprehend, write and speak English: add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals: read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Distribution Centers or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (e.g. training, meetings). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time