Merchandiser - Category Planner I
Company: Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
The job function is to procure products, manage inventory levels and negotiate price as it relates to specified categories. Using experience and market knowledge this role will work with other departments as well as customers to develop and market products. This role ensures us having the correct product at a relevant price for our customers.
- Manage and replenish appropriate inventory levels. Accurately price inventory while keeping us market relevant. Create purchase orders, send to vendor and confirm pricing.
- Negotiate price with suppliers. Develop and manage supplier relationships that help leverage our products offering.
- Understand and be current on market information as it relates to areas of oversight.
- Maintain appropriate aging on all products. Work with Material Control Coordinator and production to address any issues.
- Work with sales on product development as well as assisting opcos on inquiries.
- Perform product inspections on oversight items and address QA challenges as they arise.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
Experience (Years and Type of Experience):
- Minimum Required: 3 years of Merchandising experience including experience managing COP categories
Skills (Type and Proficiency):
- Minimum Required: Proficient in MS Office, excellent communication skills, well developed interpersonal skill, understanding of commodities market.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Pricing inventory at a level that is market based but maximizes margins
- Working with Material Control Coordinator, adjusting inventory value as necessitated by cycle counts.
- Inventory levels
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Make buy on product to offer on promotion- Director of Merchandising
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Pat Burrington at 419-490-2072
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time