Region HRBP - Spclty
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position exists to ensure alignment of the FreshPoint HR strategy across assigned OpCo’s (7-10) in the assigned area/region. This position is responsible to for the consistent implementation of HR initiatives and FreshPoint initiatives to deliver positive results in the areas of recruitment, retention, talent management, and compliance and drive overall business results of the OpCos.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Lead HRBP FreshPoint to drive all HR activities within assigned area by providing top-quality coaching, partnership, and solutions in all HR areas including employee relations, compliance, talent management, culture, total rewards, leadership training, recruitment and retention results. Monitor HR metrics, develop and implement intervention plans where appropriate. Conduct or manage internal investigations within area or as assigned.
- Select, develop and retain HR talent within area to meet current and future business needs.
- Provide input to annual planning for key priorities in assigned SME areas, work with SYSCO COE’s to align planned activity with HR calendar to ensure proper resourcing to complete work timely and with quality. Lead actions, identify corrective action plans to improve related HR metrics for assigned SME areas.
- Ensure assigned HRBP’s successfully execute core SYSCO people programs (performance management, leadership development, Sysco Speaks, incentives, talent review, employee relations) as well as other business and FreshPoint initiatives
- Work collaboratively with internal resources (VP, HR, regional) Benefits/HRIS, DOT, Safety, Training) to align communication and activities related to FRESHPOINT wide initiatives
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field and at least 10 years of demonstrated strategic HR leadership and management experience. Multi-site and multi-state responsibilities is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR and business practices
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and driving record meeting Sysco standards
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking & Speech Clarity: Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Expression: Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Problem Sensitivity: Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The ability to travel by automobile and airplane throughout the area / region. Travel is required ~50% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to travel to FreshPoint operating companies and other destinations as needed – equates to ~50% of the time.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as laptop, copiers, printers, scanners, and telephones.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time