Trade Compliance Manager
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, advise on the technical requirements of importing goods, preparing and filing entry documents, obtaining the necessary bonds, depositing U.S. import duties, securing release of the goods and arranging delivery to the warehouse.
This position requires the individual to hold and maintain a U.S. Customs Brokers License.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for submitting all necessary documentation to clear goods that enter the United States.
- Obtain valid powers of attorney from suppliers and keep current. Retain revoked powers of attorney along with letters stating they are revoked for a period of at least five (5) years.
- Pay duties directly to Customs and request refunds or a duty drawbacks as needed.
- Retain all documents related to Customs transactions in an orderly, itemized manner for at least five (5) years from the date of entry.
- Perform extensive product research on all products for proper classification, rulings, certification, license requirements, labeling, etc.
- Meet with forwarders and truckers to achieve best quality of service and rates.
- Coordinate import (in-bound) freight.
- Process and track claims associates with imports.
- Review and revise European Imports-Sysco owned labels for compliance.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Assist as needed in product recall incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Marketing and Merchandising Director.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 years of previous experience specializing in food imports.
- Current Custom Brokers License required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time