Director, Specialty Business Development
Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
• Responsible for driving profitable specialty sales through relationship with up to 5 assigned USBL OpCos
• Sets One Sysco strategy regarding sales approach
Establishes strategy for driving profitable specialty sales through relationship with up to 5 assigned USBL OpCos
- Works closely with OpCo Merchandisers, Sales Management, and SSMG leadership to set One Sysco strategy that leverages either the SSMG company or OpCo to deliver product
- Maintains agnostic approach to growing sales through either Specialty or USBL entity
- Leads quarterly “One Sysco” meetings, and ensures action items are assigned are carried out
- Design and implement formal training programs for CoP’s and MA’s in assigned OpCo’s in Specialty Meat and Seafood category with major focus on Portion Control Steaks and Chops.
- Establish ongoing training and development of CoP’s and MA’s through participation in General Sales Meetings, promotions, and Food Shows / customer events
Dotted line responsibility over CoP’s who work and support the OPCO
- Provide support as needed
- Evaluate and coach CoP’s in conjunction with OpCo Director of Business Resources / Sales leadership
Analyze data using systems and tools (eg, Tableau) that show category and item penetration by customer, by CoP / MA
- Monitor and cascade progress towards goals
- Develop strategy to close gaps
Coordinate/Execute Customer visits and tours to the SSMG.
Coordination of promotions between SSMG and OpCo to effectively balance inventory and push lbs.
- Preferred: BS or BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Agriculture/Animal Science or related studies.
Experience (Years and Type of Experience):
- 5+ years
- Purchasing/merchandising experience
- Sales experience
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
Skills (Type and Proficiency):
- Deep expertise of Meat & Seafood category.
- Exceptional collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal skills, ability to speak effectively in front of large groups.
- Problem resolution expertise.
- Ability to adapt to different OpCo markets and philosophies.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Proven track record of growing sales directly or through others.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Approach to building relationships with stakeholders across the enterprise
- Travel schedule
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Sales strategy
- Areas of training to focus on
- Coordination of promotions between SSMC and OPCO to effectively balance inventory and push lbs.
- Supervisor Title: SSMG VP of Sales or SSMG President
- Positions Indirectly Reporting to this Role: USBL CoP Specialists
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Pat Burrington at 419-490-2072
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time