District Sales Manager - Santa Rosa
Company: Sysco San Francisco
Location: US-CA-Santa Rosa
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The DSM role requires exceptional management of sale performance among MAs. This position is responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the talent of their sales associates to achieve planned case growth and GP$ growth within their district.
- Manages the performance and development of Marketing Associates within the district.
- Engages in one-on-one coaching and direction by conducting at least 5 half day MA work-with�s a week.
- Effectively lead and facilitate Friday district meetings that educate, motivate and ultimately produce key behavior changes to drive sales.
- Lead and direct Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the district MA to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile) - Requires deep knowledge of Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile
- Leverages the Director of Business Resources to maximize the consultative time of the MA through effective usage of sales support resources to grow profitable sales
- Fully leverages Sysco 360 in the management of MA�s sales planning, prospecting and daily customer engagement and expects productive utilization of Sysco 360 among all MAs.
- Successfully delivers Sysco brand results and directly manages CatMan conversion opportunities within the district.
- Supports and promotes all national campaigns and promotions (e.g. - Quarterly promotions, Test drive)
- Accountable for providing coaching, training, and timely feedback to drive sales associate development of consultative selling skills of the sales associates (sales process).
- Fully utilizes the CMP process to manage performance of all sales associates in the district
- As noted in our Leadership Framework, solid performance includes exhibiting Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
- Per direction of the VP of Sales, fully leverages Territory Planning data for all territory/customers changes or allocations
- Directly manages and engages critical/developing customer accounts, and ensure proper management of all other accounts in the district.
- Per direction of the VP of Sales; implements changes to programs or process; ensuring all sales associates achieve required behavior changes and performance metrics within the district
- Additional sales management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, AR Management & Operational Issues
- Directly manage the performance and duties of the sales coordinator
- 2 or more years� experience successfully growing profitable sales in the food service industry.
- Bachelor�s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- 5+ years� food service sales experience in the food service industry.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School education required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to use Sysco�s proprietary CRM tool for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the area of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching and negotiations
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, train and direct associates
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time