Facility Maintenance Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Detroit
Zip Code: 48188
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for directing the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair and appearance of the facility, outside grounds, office space, beverage department, security, and power industrial equipment and third party providers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and providing management and direction to beverage, and facility maintenance staff.
is is an Operations position responsible for overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring and maintenance activities associated with Material Handling Equipment (MHE), and maintenance of industrial batteries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, beverage department, power industrial equipment and security.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Coordinates emergency response or crisis management activities, develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination and assists safety manager with training initiatives.
- Manages the proper selection, purchase, utilization and inventory of Company assets in support of the fleet and facilities departments. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develop business relationships to ensure communication and efficient operations with third party vendors, including but not limited to, janitorial, pest services, security, external contractors, facility maintenance and beverage. Maintains current certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all contracted vendors.
- Works with Corp Director of Fleet and Facilty Mantenance to prepare budget, profit plans and capital requests as required. Evaluates metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet and facility maintenance, beverage, power industrial equipment and security.
- Works with Corp Director of Fleet and Facilty Maintenace to establishe preventative maintenance schedules for all systems, equipment, and buildings including: ammonia refrigeration system, HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial equipment, building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Manages priorities, assigns and monitors facility projects for quality and timely completion. Utilizes maintenance tracking software for task management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including but not limited to food safety documentation, EPSM, PSM, etc.) and retained to ensure minimum potential for loss.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets, trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Ensures accurate and up-dated re-certifications of commercial equipment and CVOR (Canada) is compliant.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Tech school or equivalent is preferred (2 years)
- One to two years’ of supervisory maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Five years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Level 2 Ammonia Operation Certification (RETA CIRO preferred), or must obtain within 6 months of employment and pass on first try as a condition of employment.
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs. Training required, or must obtain within 6 months of employment and pass on first try as a condition of employment.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Working knowledge of ammonia and Freon systems.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time