Company: Sysco Central Warehouse
Location: US-WI-Fond duLac
Zip Code: 54937
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
Analyze and coordinate inventoried products for quantity, delivery, and order placement to maintain inventories to meet customer needs. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of operating company or end-user nonstock orders from the receipt of the order through invoicing. Maintain a close working, communicative relationship with suppliers, customers and operating company merchandisers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain warehouse inventories to established purchasing guidelines.
- Ensure accuracy of purchase order item data/details, pricing and freight costs.
- Maximize fill rate and inventory turns based on established criteria.
- Assist with communications to operating companies regarding inventory returns, discrepant quantities and pricing issues.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of systems for order processing.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of markets serviced, including but not limited to, product availability, prices and quality.
- Ensure non-stock orders are accurately billed to customers based on established guidelines.
- Ensure claims related to inventory returns to suppliers are submitted in a timely manner and resolved based on established guidelines.
- Manage aged inventory based on established guidelines and criteria.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook).
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, AIB).
- Report any unresolved issues to supervisor.
- Observe all safety rules in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment.
- Must have strong attention to details and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Must have strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task.
- Must possess the inherent ability to provide customer service with enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Strong analytical and inference skills.
- Must have proficient use of Excel and Word.
- Must be able to 10-Key by touch.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Minimum of two years purchasing experience or related experience/training. Knowledge of Sysco product (or knowledge of foodservice supplies and equipment) and SUS system preferred.
Must have effective written and oral communication skills with good vocabulary, proper grammar and the ability to independently compose written communications. Must have the ability to accurately listen to customer inquiries and use experience and judgment to meet customer needs. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute discounts, rate, ratio, and percent.
Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation, but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time, and is frequently required to use the telephone. The associate is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule on weekdays, but may be required to work weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
The position does not require travel.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Jill Slaughter at 540-631-2375
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time